Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Change

Well, Mark has left for Fort Stewart, Georgia on Sunday. It took him 3 ½ hours to drive down there. He has signed in already and tomorrow he will be in-processing. Today he went to look at some trailer parks. He didn't like anything he saw. It was only the first day, so we are not giving up! The girls and I miss him so much and I know he is already homesick! Today wasn't as a productive day as I anticipated. I planned a full day of school with lots of activities but things just kept popping up. Plus, Mark has been calling all day, which I was ok with. We did get English done with Natalie, two full lessons, which I am very proud of, what a trooper. Tomorrow will be her unit test and then on to another unit. Emily and I got to do another lesson in Reading Made Easy. She thoroughly enjoys it. She was so excited when she got all the letter sounds right. She is such a sweet girl! Natalie and Emily played with legos and play doh after that. They love those things and I love that it keeps them busy and their mind occupied to notice the change in our lives. I was supposed to start packing up the house and getting things ready to move, but I really felt no motivation today. Needless to say, today was a prayer-filled day for me!

I have a lot of things to think about…..one of them being homeschool. When we move down to Georgia it will be Georgia laws now, so I need to do some research on that. Not really sure what to expect, but I have a friend who homeschooled in Georgia who is going to be my source of information…hahaha, she doesn't know it yet though.lol… I was also thinking about deployment, no we have not gotten any orders but they are a taunting feeling in the back of our minds. In those times of thought and doubts I just quote my favorite verse, my life verse…."TRUST in the Lord with ALL thine heart", I need to constantly remind myself that He is in control, not me. Give it to GOD and DON'T take it back. "Lean not unto thine own understandings. In all thy ways acknowledge HIM and He shall direct thy paths" Praise God for His guidance. He takes care of us in our time of need; we just need to trust him, in the bad, unknown times, and in the good and happy times. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

No comments: