Friday, June 12, 2009

What we have been up to...

Since the last time I have been on here I started the workbox system, and it has worked great. Natalie gets all of her boxes done in great time. However, I do have to work with her on the quality of work she has been handing in. I also have to work on getting more things for her to do as I have only been putting in there busy work. So, for next year, my goal is to make that happen.

For this summer, though, is going to be spent getting Natalie better acquainted with her basic math facts. She has been struggling with those and still counts on her fingers. My goal for next year is for her not to have to use her fingers but to rely on her memory.

Emily has learned her upper and lower case alphabet. I am very proud of that accomplishment, but I am excited to say that she also learned the letter sounds, and most of the numbers 0-9. What my goal is to continue to read to her and work on her numbers. I would like for her to recognize a couple of sight words and know all of her numbers by the start of this school year.

This summer I plan to keep busy with lots of fun activities and craft for my girls. Also, I plan on going on play dates with some friends at least 2 times a week. I will try to post what we are doing, but I am not really good at this, but I do want to try. So, my goal for blogging is to become a better blogger!!!

So, until next time (which I am hoping will be soon)...Have an AWESOME summer!

Aurelia ♥

No comments: