Monday, June 29, 2009

catching up....

Hey, a little bit of catching up. We haven't actually had a chance to do any math due to a very, unusual, busy summer. We have been pretty much non stop since summer began! Not that I am complaining or anything! We have been having loads of fun with friends and keeping busy at home that we haven't even had a chance to think about anything else.

So the first two weeks were filled with watching friends kiddos and having friends over at the house playing. Two weeks ago (19th and 20th) my husband and I went to a homeschool convention. We came away with boxes of free stuff and a renewed heart and spirit about homeschooling. We loved the keynote speaker Jeff Myers (www.passingthebaton.com). Mark liked him so much that we bought all of his cd's! I have listened to 6 of them so far (there are 11!) Very inspirational!

I also have been busy with VBS! www.blythewoodbaptist.org I have been put in charge of crafts this year and I am so excited. There is a lot to prepare for though, I didn't realize how much there is to it. I have planned crafts before but not for 60+ kids! I am very excited though, I have about 95% of the shopping done and about 60% with the prep work done. I am glad to have the help of a great friend from church, though. I also am helping my friend with decorating. She is doing a really good job of it and I am excited to see how it will turn out. She is a very creative person!

On Friday we went to pick blueberries with friends. The girls had a great time picking them, but it got hot real quick. We came away with a gallon of blueberries...we did really well!

Well, that is all of my updates for now, no pictures this time as my memory card is on my desk and I am in my room not really wanting to get up. :o)

♥In Christ
~Aurelia~

No comments: